The Melting Wok Warung in Ubud, Bali, is not a typical street cafe that you would find in Bali. Above and overlooking the street, a small but elegantly furnished cafe with lounge music playing was a warm escape from the continuous tropical rain.
The menu, written on large chalk board, offered 4 types of main dishes. Curry rice, curry noodles, fried rice and friend noodles. Each of these could be made with chicken or beef. The vegetarians would be thankful for a tofu or tempe (fermented soy beans) version of each. There was also a daily special available.
True to it’s name, the food was like a melting wok of cultures. My fried rice wasn’t done in the typical indonesian style, instead, it was chockfull of tofu , corn, beans, all fried in a sweet sesame sauce.
The dessert was … Read More »
Got lost with your online searches before you could even get lost on the road? Don’t know where to start or where you’re heading? Need to find out how to unlock the secrets of the universe? Fear not – Jo’s here to help you set you on the right track and hunt down the answers to your burning questions.
Send your questions via the Contact Us page and we’ll feature new questions and answers every fortnight.
” My husband and I are going for our honeymoon in Bali, we want to know where we can go surfing without blowing our budget. We also heard about these surf outlet stores, where can we find them?” – Abby, Philippines
You’ve chosen the best place in Asia to have a honeymoon surf trip! What you want is a romantic place with surf breaks, and Bali … Read More »
Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Bali. And I mean, seriously, LURVE BALI!
So if you’re ever planning for a destination wedding, or honeymoon in South East Asia, heck, Asia, I’m the first one to scream “GO TO BALI!!!”
Why? I can give you more than a hundred good reasons.. but these you should hear:
– BEAUTIFUL beaches set the backdrop for a tropical beach wedding
– Fantastic 5* villas at reasonable prices
– You can book the entire property and all the villas in it to hosts all your guests
– World-class food at a snap of your fingers
– Spa, Massage, you ask for it, you get it. And you can get it cheap, or uber luxurious.
– Wedding planners, hairstylists, photographers, makeup artists, florists, catering, all accessable
– Direct flights to Bali from most Austra-Asian cities , and if you’re coming from anywhere else, … Read More »